Friday, February 15, 2013

IRRESISTIBLE Part I


You Are Irresistible to God

Part I

This morning, did you hear God whisper into your vulnerable, tender soul that you are irresistible to Him? Did you know that last night He sang His goodness and mercy over you? Did you smile as He chuckled about how much He enjoys the moments you snuggle up to Him singing loudly, off key and crying up a runny nosed mess?

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." James 4:8 (ESV)

Our Father loves any and every moment with you. All of them. But you may be asking, “How can that be when I know during much of my “Quiet Time,” my mind is shouting out what I want, what I’m certain I need, what I’m missing and what deadlines He’s missing?”

You’re not alone. We all live in that occasional disconnect you’re now experiencing when you carve out special time to connect with Him, to declare your awe of Him while simultaneously fending off the onslaught of your own cacophonies. 

Sure, your internal voice is loud but His favor is that through all your bluster, earthquakes and fire, He speaks. It’s a still, small voice firmly whispering, “My Child, you are irresistible to me.”   So don’t stop chasing Him down. He will connect with you.

“Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters…Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good and you will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; listen, that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you.”  Isaiah 55: 1-3 (TNIV)

God doesn’t require you to steady your thoughts into laser beam focus or approach Him with a still, small voice. That’s His to do. He knows you are like grass that will soon wither, whose spirit is willing but whose flesh is weak. Who does what you don't want to do and don't do what you want to do. He knows your "Quiet Time" with Him can't be perfectly quiet, perfectly focused, perfectly timed. It just has To Be. 

"I will give you hidden treasures and wealth tucked away in secret places; I will reveal them to you. Then you will know that I am the Eternal, the God of Israel, who calls you by name.” Isaiah 45:3 (The Voice)

Jesus is wooing you. You are irresistible to Him. Look what He promises you if you just stay!

 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:27-30 (MSG)

- Still Processing

No comments:

Post a Comment